Learn to Listen
- 2 x 1 hour sessions for teachers - one at the beginning where the process will be discussed and the measurement tools will be introduced and one at the end of the session where we will discuss the outcomes and talk about those aspects that worked and those that didn't
- 2 x whole group story sessions (up to 100 students) one 45 minute session at the beginning of the program and the other, an hour, at the end
- 4 x classroom 30 minute story sessions (up to 25 students) once a week for 6 weeks (24 sessions in all)
- A copy of each of Gaelʼs books for the library (or if they are already in the library for fundraising purposes)
- Classroom teachers will also get copies of each of the stories used during the sessions, a booklet of the poems and rhymes used in the sessions plus suggestions for follow up activities to build on appropriate social studies, literacy and numeracy skills.
Children learn to
- sit still, to listen and to create the pictures inside their head
- understand people from other cultures, countries and backgrounds
- build a cohort of shared stories that can then be used to reduce bullying, enhance educational objectives and build communities
- follow and predict a plot and then to adapt this knowledge to their own writings.
Total cost: $4,000 (Incl. GST) [for areas within 45 minutes of either Frankston or Wonthaggi (Victoria, Australia) – for other areas additional costs for travel and or accommodation may be incurred]
Contact Gael: firstname.lastname@example.org